Our aim is to ensure that you have a positive and enjoyable experience throughout your time in Membership with the Thames Valley Chamber of Commerce and Industry (“the Chamber”). We also hope you will benefit fully from all available services and opportunities we offer. The following terms and conditions therefore are intended to be as simple as possible.
1. The Membership is with the Chamber, which operates as a network of Local Chambers. Local Chambers are not separate legal entities but the Members choose one of the Local Chambers to be their primary Chamber.
2. Membership is open to companies and other organisations regardless of their location. Members do not have to have a base in the Thames Valley or in the area covered by the Local Chambers in order to become a Member. Chamber Membership is open to companies or other organisations and separate business divisions and not to departments within organisations.
3. The choice of Local Chamber determines some of the communication the Member receives from the Chamber but does not restrict in any way the Member’s rights to attend any events or use other services provided by any Local Chamber other than his primary one.
4. The Chamber Membership is a business entitlement rather than a personal one. All employees of the Member are therefore entitled to all the Chamber benefits and services when working on behalf of their Member employer.
5. Membership in the first year is valid for 12 months from when the payment is received by the Chamber.
6. Membership is for a minimum period of 12 months. Members will automatically be invoiced for the next membership period as each 12 month term expires.
7. From time to time Chamber Members’ details may be made available to third parties as part of a mailing list. Members’ details are regularly checked against TPS and FPS registers and the registered numbers are not included in any lists.
8. The Chamber regularly communicates with Members by email, post and telephone. We aim to only approach our Members with information which we believe could be of interest to them. This is an integral part of the Membership and by entering into Membership you agree to be contacted by the Chamber. The regular communication can be terminated at the Member’s request at any time.
9. From time to time Members may be contacted by the Chamber’s carefully selected partners in order to make them aware of certain membership benefits.
10. Members are entitled and encouraged to take advantage of the various opportunities the Chamber offers but there is never any obligation or pressure to use any of the services provided by the Chamber or its partners. Any agreement between the Member and the Chamber’s partners are strictly between the two parties, and are not the responsibility of the Chamber.
11. The Chamber Membership benefits are subject to change without notice and are subject to terms and conditions available from the Chamber.
12. The Chamber Membership fee is non-refundable and Membership is non-transferable.
13. Single Membership entitles the Member to one standard entry and up to 3 classification entries in the Directory, all under one company name. Similarly only one company name can be used for any other Chamber publications.
14. By signing this form you are entering into a legal agreement to join the Chamber. You may cancel the agreement by giving the Chamber a written notice within 14 days of the date of the agreement.
15. The Membership is subject to Chamber Board approval and the Chamber reserves a right to refuse Membership without disclosing any reason.
16. Membership is subject to the provisions of the Articles of Association of the Chamber (available on request) and in the event of a conflict between these terms and conditions and the Articles of Association, the Articles shall prevail.
17. The Chamber shall have no liability for any losses suffered by a Member as a result of using services offered by a fellow Member. The Chamber shall have no responsibility for advice given or services provided by its third party service providers even though such providers may have been introduced to the Member by the Chamber.