Home › Events ›
Customs Procedures for Importers & Exporters
This event has already taken place.
Times: 09:00 - 16:30
Venue: TVC Slough, 150 Edinburgh Avenue, SLOUGH, Berkshire, SL1 4SS
Price: Please call 01753 870500 or see below for further information
Why this course?
International traders need to understand legal requirements when they move goods over international frontiers. These obligations have been radically changed by the establishment of the Single Market. There are also many opportunities to avoid paying import duties and taxes if you understand the system properly. This course explains, in simple terms, the documentation and procedures required for the international movement of goods. It also identifies the different obligations that arise when goods move across the ever-enlarging territory of the European Union.
At the end of the course you will understand your obligations, be aware of the terminology and documentation requirements and be alert to opportunities.
Who is it for?
The course is appropriate for anyone who wishes to understand the mysterious world of Customs, Excise and VAT as it affects the international trader.
What does it cover?
- Functions of Customs, Excise and VAT
- Statistical collection requirements – C88 outside the EC and Intrastat within free circulation – T1 and T2 status
- Origin and preference
- VAT – export, import and intra-EC Supplies and Acquisitions
- Understanding the Tariff – Vols 1, 2 and 3
- Customs information sources
- Classification of goods
- The EC’s trading partners
- Important codes on the Customs entry C88 (SAD)
- Good instructions to give to your agent
- Summary of the ways of avoiding duty – IPR, OPR, RGR End-use and Warehousing
Benefits and outcome
The course will help you meet your legal obligations, consequently allowing you to gain preferential treatment from Customs. Knowledgeable traders pay everything they have to, and nothing they don’t, taking advantage of systems which will allow them to reduce their prices, or increase their profits.