The Thames Valley Chamber of Commerce has teamed up with Ross Consular Services Ltd, to offer our clients a Visa and UK Passport service.

Ross Consular Services Ltd are accredited Agents with the Foreign & Commonwealth Office, UK Passport Office, Embassies and Consulates and an ABTA partner.

This service specialises is in the difficult task of obtaining both business and tourist visas and UK passports quickly and efficiently, taking the stress away from clients.

Whether you are an individual traveller or corporate client, your application documents are rigorously pre-checked by the experts before attending the issuing authority on your behalf.

Tracking the progress of your application has never been easier using Ross Consular's VisaTrack application.

What to do next?

To find out more about this service or country requirement contact Chamber’s International Trade team on 01753 870560 or visit

UK Passports & Frequently Asked Questions
What is a passport?

A passport is a travel document that serves as the ultimate form of proof for a person’s citizenship.
Passports are issued by the appropriate authoritative power of a country’s government.
UK British Citizen passports are issued by the IPS

Do I need a passport?

UK British Citizens require passports to exit/enter the UK and to enter/exit all other countries worldwide. It is the traveller’s responsibility to carry the correct identification and entry stamps/visas during their travels abroad.

I am a British Subject. Does this mean I have the same rights of entry as a UK British Citizen passport?

A British Subject does NOT have the same rights as a British Citizen.

How/where do I obtain a passport?

In the UK, passports are issued by the IPS, which has various locations throughout the UK. Outside the UK passports are issued by British Embassies, Consulates and High Commissions. Ross Consular can provide the above services for British Passport holders in the UK except for Adults applying for the first time.
For how long is my UK passport valid?

Adult passports – 10 years
Children under 16 – 5 years

Some passports may have a limited time due to exceptional circumstances.

When applying for a passport renewal, will I receive my old passport back?

Yes, unless the IPS deem it to be damaged.

How long must my passport be valid for my travel abroad?

Most countries require that your passport be valid for at least six months beyond the completion of your trip. If in doubt please contact us

My passport will still be valid for my upcoming travels however I do not have any blank pages.Can I obtain additional passport pages?

No. You must apply for another passport or you may be able to apply for a 2nd Passport.

How many blank passport pages do I need for my upcoming trip and what is considered a "blank" passport page?

The amount of blank pages required to obtain visas depends on the country concerned that is issuing the visa. Blank pages must be clean and clear of any stamps, which include stamps coming through from another page.

I am recently married/divorced and have changed my name. How do I change the name on my passport?

Contact us for further information.

My passport was stolen and/or lost. How do I obtain another passport?

Contact us for further information.

Do children under the age of 16 require passports?

Yes, ALL children from birth now require their own passport when travelling.

Agency Status

Ross Consular Services is a registered Agent at the Identity & Passport Service (IPS) Office in London. This allows them to lodge and collect passports on behalf of people. On collection they need to supply a letter signed by the applicant (not children under 16) authorising us to collect the pasport when ready. For them to collect a Childs passport, the parent who completed the application form must sign the letter. Giving their full name and date of birth stating that we are authorised to collect the passport of (Childs full name and date of birth).

The IPS offers two types of services when lodging by hand; they are “fast track” and “premium”.

Visas & Frequently Asked Questions
What is a visa?

A visa is an authority issued by the Embassy or Consulate of a country to allow a traveller to visit that particular country. The majority of visas are stamped inside your passport. A small number of visas are either issued as a separate document to be carried with the passport or issued electronically. Visas are issued with specific limitations regarding purpose of visit, length of stay, validity of visa, etc. It is the travellers’ responsibility to check and obtain the necessary visas before they travel. A visa does not automatically gain you entry into a country as they have the right to refuse you entry at immigration.

How do I obtain a visa?

The Embassies and Consulates of various countries are authorised to grant visas. Appropriate visa documentation must be presented to the Embassy or Consulate in proper order for the visa to be issued. Ross Consular can obtain most visas on the travellers’ behalf.

Do I need to send my actual passport?

Yes, at all times. However there are very few exceptions.

I hold a non-UK passport. Do I need a visa?

Visa requirements vary for all Nationalities and are issued on the Nationality of the passport holder and not the country they reside in.

I am a British subject. Does that mean I have the same rights of entry as a UK British Citizen passport?

No. This varies depending on the type of British Passport held and the country to be visited concerned. The types of British Passports are: British Citizen, British Subject, British Overseas Citizens, British Dependent Territories, British Nationals (Overseas).

How long will it take to process my visa?

This depends on the Embassy or Consulate concerned and the type of Passport being held. Some applications are referred and some Embassies or Consulates will offer an express service.

What is a visa invitation or confirmation?

An Invite confirmation can take the form of either a letter from the inviting company or an official invitation. The inviting letter needs to contain your name, passport number and bear the company stamp. A Government Body supplies the official invite/confirmation/telex.

Can I fax my passport copy and/or completed applications for issuance of a visa?


Can I submit digitally produced passport photographs?

No. It is strongly recommended that all photographs sent in be on proper photographic paper and in colour with a light plain background.

Do I need vaccinations for my trip?

To determine whether or not you require vaccinations for your travel itinerary, please click here.

Where can I find the latest travel warnings?

Click here go to the Foreign & Commonwealth Office website.