EUR1 Movement Certificates
An EUR1 – movement certificate is used to claim preferential (reduced or even zero) rates of duty in the country of importation. To qualify the goods must fully meet the rules of origin in the exporting country and be accompanied by a correctly completed and endorsed EUR1. The preference system only applies to countries where trade agreements exist with the EU.
Thames Valley Chamber of Commerce Group issue and endorse EUR1 forms on behalf of HM Revenue & Customs. Please note that as from 1st January 2021, there are new UK EUR1’s to use.
The preference receiving countries are:
Pan-Euro Mediterranean countries of:
- Algeria, Morocco and Tunisia (Maghreb group)
- Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon and Syria (Mashraq group)
- Iceland, Norway, Switzerland and Liechenstein [European Free Trade Association (EFTA)]
- Faroe Islands
- West Bank Gaza
- Turkey (for agricultural and coal and steel products only – all other products are covered by Customs Union arrangements between the EU and Turkey);
- Ceuta & Melilla
- South Africa
- South Korea
While the following countries do not give preference, products originating in the EU in accordance with preferential rules of origin can be exported to them under Donor Country content arrangements – See paragraph 9.6:
- Kosovo and Moldova
- Some of the African, Caribbean and Pacific States (ACP), and Overseas Countries and Territories (OCT) details of which may be obtained from the Department for Business Innovation & Skills (BIS) formerly the Department for Business Innovation & Skills (BIS) (see paragraph 1.5). A full list of these countries can be found in Volume 1 Part 7 of the Tariff
- GSP (Generalised System of Preferences) Countries – see Notice 826 and 830 for further details
*For a complete list of these countries please consult the Customs Tariff Volume 1 Part 7.
When completing an EUR1 form it is advisable, the exporter or authorised agent consult a copy of the HM Revenue and Customs Notices 827, 828, 830, 832 to ensure that the goods originate in accordance with origin rules.
Authority letter for Agents and Distributors EUR1
To find out more about EUR1 please read our Guide to Completion or contact us.