International Trade Executive – Egham
06th August 2019
Thames Valley Chamber of Commerce Group aspires to be the leading voice of business in the region, representing micro through to multinational organisations, driving better economic conditions and new opportunities for members and the wider community.
Due to expansion within the International Trade team, we are looking to recruit an additional International Trade Executive. This really is an exciting opportunity to work with leaders in their field, you’ll gain second to none experience and work with peers dedicated to helping business trade internationally.
If going to extra mile is second nature to you please send your cv to email@example.com
Department: International Trade Services
Responsible to: Head of International Trade & Compliance
Accountable to: Chief Executive
Liaises with: International Trade Team
Other TVCC Departments as appropriate
Freight Forwarders & Consular Agents
Members & ITS Clients Service Partners
Government Agencies as appropriate
Service Suppliers as appropriate
Other Agencies & Chambers of Commerce as appropriate
Responsible for the quality delivery of international trade services portfolio to members & clients.
In particular; taking responsibility for the processing of import and export customs declarations, import and export documentation and letter of credit services in accordance with the rules set out by the governing bodies and guidelines. Ensure a high level of customer care is maintained and all TVCC procedures and practices are adhered to.
- To certify EC Certificates of Origin and related export documents.
- To process Arab-British Certificates of Origin and related documents.
- To authenticate trade preference documents.
- To complete Export & Import Customs declaration as part of the national ChamberCustoms service.
- To provide a comprehensive Letter of Credit services for clients.
- To supply and authenticate International Import Certificates.
- Provision of service cover for other TVCC international trade offices location as required.
- To provide additional International Trade services as appropriate.
- To answer enquiries received by telephone, email & face to face in a professional manner.
- To complete financial, statistical and data records to the required standards & deadlines.
- To maintain high level of customer care.
- To take responsibility for the supply and authentication of EC Certificates of Origin and related documents, in accordance with the Certification Procedures rules, including electronic certificates.
- To receive, verify and pass documents to the Arab-British Chamber of Commerce.
- To take responsibility for authenticating Trade Preference documents in accordance with HM Revenue & Customs guidelines.
- To complete Customs Declarations relating to import and exports as part of the national ChamberCustoms service in accordance with the HMRC requirements.
- To provide a comprehensive letter of credit service to clients in accordance with the International Chamber of Commerce Uniform Customs & Practice for Documentary Credits guidelines.
- To take responsibility for the supply and authentication of International Import Certificates in accordance with DIT guidelines.
- To use knowledge gained to answer customer queries or signpost to appropriate agency.
- To keep abreast of developments in the field of International Trade and pass on these developments to customers where appropriate.
- To maintain relationships with the other Chambers, Government agencies, suppliers, Consular agents, freight forwarders, members & other ITS clients.
- To assist the Head of International Trade & Compliance, Office Managers and other colleagues with duties as required.
- To complete accounting, statistical & data procedures to the required standards & deadlines.
- To maintain a high standard of customer care at all times.
- To professionally represent the organisation as required.
- Undertake any other duties as required.
- To be a team player and to support colleagues in the achievement of team objectives
- To portray a professional visual, written and verbal image at all times.
- To ensure all operations are carried out in accordance with the regulatory requirements.
- To undertake training as required.
- To pro-actively develop knowledge of the Chamber and its product portfolio.
- Confident, friendly persona
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of trade documentation, letters of credits and Customs Declarations
- Attention to detail
- Able to make decisions
- Able to meet deadlines and achieve target outcomes
- Able to multi task
- Keep calm under pressure
- Ability to plan & organise
- Positive team player
- Flexible approach
- Hold a UK Driving Licence.