19th August 2019
Thames Valley Chamber of Commerce Group aspires to be the leading voice of business in the region, representing micro through to multinational organisations, driving better economic conditions and new opportunities for members and the wider community.
If going to extra mile is second nature to you please send your cv to email@example.com
Responsible to: Head of Member Services
Accountable to: Head of Member Services
Liaises with: Account Managers
Events & Marketing Team
Policy & Inward Investment
The Account Manager is responsible for providing a first class, quality support to a defined segment of the Thames Valley Chamber of Commerce Group members. Through exceptional key account management, the account manager will be expected to maintain retention of membership in line with specific targets as well as recruiting new businesses into the organisation.
Working closely with the head of membership, account managers, and other key departments, the role includes the development and delivery of a strong, relevant and regular events program. The role also requires exceptional account management, organisational and interpersonal skills to ensure that members are engaged in a consistent and timely manner.
The role requires close working with the policy and inward investment (PII) team to help develop named local Chamber Advisory Groups who act as ambassadors for the Thames Valley Chamber of Commerce group in their respective local areas.
1. To maintain retention of a portfolio of members through effective account management to agreed targets, including;
- Monitoring and managing an agreed portfolio of accounts through email, telephone and face to face meetings.
- Recruiting new businesses to join the Chamber of Commerce in line with individual monthly targets.
- Identifying and being alert to members who may not be engaged and those who may potentially withdraw.
- Processing upgrades to other membership tiers.
- To provide support and cover team members when required.
- Working with the Data and Procedures manager to ensure the member data remains up-to-date
- Provide monthly reporting to the Head of Members services.
2. Working with the marketing department to develop and deliver a successful portfolio of relevant and appealing business events;
- Ensuring event numbers are consistently strong.
- Working closely with the events and marketing team to ensure the events are effectively promoted.
- Attend and host business networking events when required.
3. To work closely with the Policy and Inward Investment (PII) team to manage a designated group of Local Chamber Advisory Groups;
- Working closely with the policy team and local President to grow each group to ensure that each group is effectively represented.
- Identify and approach guest speakers to attend events and any Area Chamber meetings.
- Help identify, alongside the PII team, key local consultations and issues of relevance for the Area Chambers to scrutinise and respond to in a timely fashion.
- Be the first and only point of contact for all membership matters.
- Help ensure Area Chambers remain effective and outcome focused and, between meetings, lead on the delivery and progression of the agreed action points, tasks, etc.
- To be a team player and to support colleagues in the achievement of team objectives
- To portray a professional visual and verbal image at all times
- To undertake training as required
- To pro-actively develop knowledge of the Chamber and its product portfolio
- To keep up to date and accurate records on a database
- Account Management Experience
- Experience of innovative business engagement methods through forums, briefing and events
- Confident and client focused
- Confident Presenter
- Promotional marketing experience to refine the Corporate offer
- Corporate Experience
- Appreciation of the principles of business planning and development
- Proactive, can-do approach
- Competent in Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, outlook, Internet and Access (or other database)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good, confident manner
- Well presented
- Positive team player
- Experience in a customer relationship management role
- Enthusiastic, motivated and results driven
- Able to work under own initiative
- Flexible, able to cope in a busy environment
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Previous B2B customer relationship management experience
- Experience in providing good quality business advice
- Social Media Experience
- Management Qualification
- Good academic grounding
- Business qualification (desired)