Why this course?
If you need to understand the total flow of export work, from receipt of the enquiry to successful delivery of goods and payment, this is the course for you.
It explains the internal functions in the exporting company, the support network available to help, along with the full export process, including basic mechanics and terminology.
At the end of the course you will be equipped to set up a good export deal.
Who is it for?
Ideal for beginners, this course will also help more experienced exporters understand the whole export process.
What does it cover?
* Essential elements of a good export deal – the necessary contracts
* Who does what? – the functions of sales, finance and shipping
* Dealing with enquiries – selecting profitable leads
* Understanding contracts
* Building a quotation and costing, using Incoterms as a foundation
* The critical importance of delivery in a sale of goods
* Summary of the main payment options and the contribution of the banks
* Introduction to the core documents
* How the freight forwarder fits in and who else is there to help you
Benefits and outcome
You will understand the way exports are handled and the work done in a typical export office. This means that you will be able to deal more confidently and competently with agents and banks, and provide an improved service to your customer.
Global Members: To book on with your discounted rate, please call +44 (0) 1753 870 500.
Non Members: Please call +44 (0) 1753 870 500 to book your place for this workshop.