Any business fortunate enough not to have been embroiled in a legal dispute can count themselves lucky. No matter how well you plan and manage your business you never know when you’re going to face unexpected, expensive legal fees. This can include Employment Disputes, Criminal Prosecutions, Property & Landlord disputes and Tax Investigations.
As a Chamber member you can receive free legal cover with Chamber Legal Expenses covering your business with up to £670,000 worth of professional fees and awards each year.
Chamber Legal Expenses significantly reduces the risk of litigation and provides your business with essential and immediate legal expenses protection and legal advice.
To find out your eligibility for your insurance claim, please download the policy document by clicking here
You can also claim compensation of up to £1000 if an employee has been called for Jury Service.
The compensation payment is based on an employee’s salary, after the following conditions have been applied:
- Duration of absence is calculated to the nearest half-day (a working day being a maximum of 8 hours)
- The compensation rate is based on a daily rate of 1/250 of annual salary
- Any payments made by the courts are to be deducted from the sum due
- The first 5 days’ absence are not covered
- Days 6 – 15 are covered
- Any days absent after the 15th day are NOT covered
For more information, call our customer services team on 01753 870500.