Home › News › Chamber News ›
China-UK Creative and Cultural Industry Reception
Monday, 9th July 2012
You are cordially invited as our guest to join us at the Beijing – UK Culture and Creative Industry Seminar and reception between 16.00-18.00pm on Saturday 28 July 2012 at Museum of London, 150 London Wall, London EC2Y 5HN. We will take the opportunity to celebrate the start of the Olympic Games in London. The purpose is to promote China-UK business opportunities in this sector. You will have the opportunity to meet counterparts from the Chinese creative and cultural industry. They will be coming from Beijing from both the businesses community and the Government. They are here to promote the opportunities and facilitate introductions.
• The Beijing Olympics City Development Promotion Committee
• The China Council for the Promotion of International Trade Beijing Sub-council (Beijing CCPIT)
• The Promotion Centre of Beijing, Culture and Creative Industries
• BCC LinkToChina
• Thames Valley Chamber of Commerce
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
UK businesses interested in the enormous opportunities of the emerging cultural and creative sectors in the China market, including those related to the Olympics.
The City of Beijing leads China in the development of cultural and creative sectors and regards these industries as key sectors in the next phase of its economic growth. British culture and creative industries are held in high regards by their Chinese counterparts. A recent presentation/exhibition from Karin Beate-Philips of British -European Design Group (BEDG) and Tim Stephens (London University of Arts) in Beijing and Chengdu, arranged by BCC LinkToChina to represent the UK, has sparked enthusiastic responses.
INWARD DELEGATION ATTENDEES
• Chair, Ms Lin Bin , Vice-Chairman of Beijing CCPIT and Chamber of International Commerce
• Beijing Cultural Creative Industry Promotion Centre,
• 798 Art Area Administration Committee
• Pinggu District Commission of Commerce
• Donggaocun Town Government
• Beijing Central Business District Administration Committee
• Beijing CBD Land Resources Development Centre
• Beijing Chamber of International Commerce (CCPIT Beijing Sub-council)
Briefing and presentations will include:
• Maoxi Ye, Apollo TV Channel (UK)
• Karin Beate-Philips, Chair, British European Design Group
• Shaoshu Chen, Beijing Huajiang Cultural Development Co., Ltd.
• Ning Wang, Beijing Total Vision Culture and Media Co., Ltd
• Haibin Qing, Chinese Music Valley – by the Beijing Pinggu Government
• Wei Fu, Beijing CBD (Central Business District) –by Beijing Chaoyang District government
• Claire McGogan, Director of Culture, Culture Liverpool / Liverpool City Council
• Wenjun Zheng, Copyright Value Development Alliance
There will be a buffet reception for networking after the seminar hosted by the Beijing delegation, which you are invited to attend.
BOOKING AND REGISTRATION
Please note that the seminar is free but confirmation of invitation is required, which will be sent upon registration. To register please contact BCC LinkToChina: 01753 870 571/572 or email: email@example.com with name, company, address, email, website and telephone details.
IN ADDITION (OPTIONAL)
If you are joining us at 16:00 for the culture and creative seminar please be advised that “The Beijing Olympics City Development Forum” will be meeting between 14:30 and 16:00. They have extended a welcome for our guests to join them. he earlier meeting at 14:30 will be attended by Beijing Government officials, experts and academics, potentially members of the International Olympic Committee, Olympics City Alliance, British Chambers of Commerce, Thames Valley Chamber of Commerce, BCC LinkToChina, the Beijing business delegation and media, among others. A short promotional video of Beijing will be also be shown.